Ridgewood is a sought after community for its charming village, pedestrian lifestyle, award-winning schools… and ease of commuting! Whether you are commuting by plane, train, or automobile… we are centrally located to get to where you need to go!
Less than 25 miles to NYC, Ridgewood has easy access to highways, our own train station and has close proximity to three major airports.
Ridgewood Station may be on the National Register of Historic Places as one of the best examples of the Missionary Revival style of architecture, but it is not lacking in comfort and convenience. The station has been brought up to today's standards including proper platform overhangs, ramps, an elevator, bike racks and the main building is completely enclosed with central heating and cooling to keep you comfortable while you wait. Many commuters enjoy meeting up at the American Bulldog Coffee Roasters for their morning coffee before hopping on the train and heading into the city.
If the train is not what you need, but the airport is where you need to go, there are three easy options. Our residents have the choice of Newark, LaGuardia or JFK, with Newark and LaGuardia being about equal distance.
Whether you choose planes, trains and automobiles – or even prefer to travel by bicycle – check out our overview of traveling to New York City and beyond.
• If you are an early riser one of the quickest ways to get into the city is driving
• The healthiest way to commute. Manhattan is only 25 miles away
• Head to the Ridgewood Bus Terminal to quickly get into NYC since buses have their own lane
• Newark Airport (EWR) is less than 25 miles from Ridgewood
• La Guardia Airport (LGA) is less than 25 miles from Ridgewood
• JFK Airport (JFK) just over 30 miles from Ridgewood
• 3 Express a.m. trains leaving from Ridgewood Station to NYC
• 2 Direct Express p.m. trains from NYC
• 3 Express p.m. trains from NYC