Ridgewood, New Jersey is one of the most sought-after communities in the region for a number of reasons. Families and professionals flock to the area and to Ridgewood NJ real estate for its old-world charm, world-class schools, and the easy commute to Manhattan, but one of the reasons they stay is the wealth of amenities and attractions that are minutes from their front door. With a vibrant downtown, Ridgewood offers and interesting mix of shops and dining options, with a restaurant to match just about any mood. Our team at Tarvin Real Estate has put together this guide to dining out to better help our newcomers find the best that Ridgewood has to offer. Let’s take a look!
For French-inspired American food, try the elegant yet minimalist Zarole Restaurant located at 20 E. Ridgewood Avenue. Village Green Restaurant also offers contemporary American food with a beautiful minimalist decor and charming relaxed atmosphere. They offer an extensive a la carte menu, as well as tasting menus that inspire culinary creativity in their kitchen. If you’re going to be near the train station, Latour Restaurant boasts indoor and outdoor dining with a French/American menu. You’ll definitely want a reservation here, but be sure to call in advance. For a change of pace, check out the large portions of southern, Cajun and barbeque dishes at the Silver Oak Bistro. A Japanese restaurant called Sakura Bana on Franklin Avenue is also one of the most popular in the community, with wonderful and fresh sushi.
This is just the beginning of the incredible selection of restaurants available in Ridgewood and the surrounding areas. The Mediterraneo Restaurant, for example, serves Greek, Turkish, Moroccan, Israeli, and Spanish food. For great Italian food, Ridgewood locals love Radicchio Restaurant.
With so many wonderful choices in Ridgewood, this list could go on forever. Below you’ll find a few more restaurants that our team at Tarvin Real Estate fancy.
- Ridge Thai: Fantastic Thai food located on Chestnut Street in Ridgewood.
- La Lanterna Cafe© and Grill: Upscale Italian food that is moderately priced and you can BYOB.
- La Piazza Bistro: Good Italian with great service.
- Pasta E Pollo: Another great option for low-key Italian food.
- Brick Lane Curry House: Excellent Indian food with a great lunch buffet.
- Malee Thai Restaurant: A small restaurant with great Thai food; very intimate.
- Park Wood Deli: A great place for inexpensive sandwiches and subs.
- Chicken Kebab Mediterranean: Located on Prospect Street, this is a great place for lunch.
- Country Pancake House: One of the most popular places for breakfast in Ridgewood.
- Raymond’s: Famous for its meatloaf and salads.
- Gazelle Cafe© and Grille: Across the street from the train station, this is an excellent place of brunch, lunch and dinner.
These are just a few of our favorite dining options in Ridgewood. When you choose Ridgewood real estate as your home, you can rest assured knowing that these and other restaurants will be just a short drive from your front door.
At Tarvin Real Estate, we specialize in more than just buying and selling Ridgewood, New Jersey real estate; we take great care to introduce our clients to the lifestyle that is awaiting them in this vibrant community. Whether you’re interested in Ridgewood’s guide to dining out or need information on local golf courses, our award-winning schools, the best places to go grocery shopping, or the neighborhoods that are closest to your place of worship, we stand ready to share our knowledge and experience with you.
Learn more about us today by connecting with our team of professionals. We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you home to Ridgewood. Let’s get started today!