Selling a Ridgewood, New Jersey home is not quite as simple as it used to be; it takes far more than sticking a ‘for sale’ sign in the yard and waiting for buyers to come to you. With decades of experience in the Ridgewood real estate market, our team at Tarvin Realtors has assisted countless sellers complete the Ridgewood home selling process with ease. Whether you’re toying around with the idea of selling your home and want some guidance or need to sell your home immediately, you’ve come to the right place to learn more about the Ridgewood home selling process and the steps needed to ensure your transaction is as smooth and successful as possible.
Let’s take a look at some of the most common steps to the Ridgewood home selling process and the many ways that our team at Tarvin Realtors can assist you with the sale of your home.
1. Make the decision to sell. You’ll want to consider what is happening in the Ridgewood NJ market and what is best for your particular financial situation. You’ll also want to think about your finances and whether you are better off buying a new home before or after you sell your current home.
2. Choose your real estate professional in Ridgewood. Your REALTOR® will be in charge of advertising, showing your home, and completing the legal requirements of selling your home. You’ll want to carefully choose a REALTOR® that has experience in the type of property you’re selling and in the neighborhood in which your property is located. Experience is key.
3. Make a sales plan for your Ridgewood home. You’ll want to sit down with your REALTOR® to discuss the plan for listing, showing and selling your property. This is where you should talk about any repairs that may be needed, as well as any professional staging or photographs that will be used in the marketing of your home.
4. Determine the sales price of your Ridgewood home. Sales price is one of the biggest considerations to selling your home. Your property’s location, size, age, condition and features will be assessed, as will the current market and local area trends. Your REALTOR® should also provide you with comparable properties that have sold recently in your neighborhood. Using this information, you and your REALTOR® will be able to decide on an acceptable asking price.
5. Sign a Seller’s Agreement with your REALTOR®. This is a contract between you and your agent that will outline any commissions, the estimated sales price, the duration of the listing, any advertising costs, and more.
6. Advertise and show your property to prospective home buyers. This is where your REALTOR® will have your property photographed, will draw up online advertisements, and present your home to potential buyers. You can assist your REALTOR® by having your home de-cluttered, clean and presentable to prospective buyers.
7. Sale and negotiation. Your REALTOR® will present to you all offers that are made. You can choose to negotiate with buyers to get the most favorable terms you can during the sale. Your REALTOR® will assist you with negotiations and will work to ensure your best interests are being promoted and protected.
8. Under contract and settlement day. Once you’ve come to an agreement and are under contract, your REALTOR® will help arrange for buyer inspections and closing. On settlement day, you will need to be on hand to sign any documentation.
This is just a short outline of the Ridgewood home selling process; there can be more or less steps depending on the type of transaction and the complexity of your sale. For this reason, it is vitally important that you select a real estate professional that has the knowledge, resources and experience needed to guide you to closing.
If you’re thinking about selling your Ridgewood home, be sure to explore the Ridgewood NJ MLS via our website to view current neighborhood trends and available homes. This will give you an idea of whether or not it is the right time to sell your particular property. If you’d like to discuss the specifics of your real estate situation, our team of real estate professionals is standing by to assist you. Contact us today to learn more. We look forward to hearing from you soon and to helping you reach all your real estate goals. Connect today!